Skip to main content
Forecast Blog

Pacific Northwest Tomorrow

By February 13, 2022One Comment


Snow is in the forecast for the Pacific Northwest tomorrow.  It has been the second longest stretch of dry weather, for the region, this season.  The storm will dive down the coast and pick up some offshore moisture, thanks to a favor from the jet stream, and intensify by the time it reaches Oregon late afternoon tomorrow.



PNW Monday 

Snow in the early morning hours for the northern Cascade mountains, Crystal, 49° North, and Stevens Pass.  Good temperatures to start the day around 27, with snow levels around 2000 feet with light winds.  By afternoon, the storm will move into the southern Cascades.  Timberline, Mt Hood Meadows and Bachelor will have good snow, but at the cost of high winds from the jet stream enhanced snow.  Winds will begin the day from the southwest, turning to the northwest as the storm approaches.  That is when the winds pick up and will be between 15-25 mph, with gusts up to 40.   

Expected Totals

Mt Hood Timberline and Meadows between 4-8 with Meadows likely on the higher side, due to wind direction.
Mountains in the northern Cascades will be in the range of 2 to 4, with 1 to 3 expected for 49° North, due to its lower elevation.


The storm slides down the coast to the Sierra and weakens, from lack of Pacific moisture.

Meanwhile, the second wave I discussed a couple of days ago darts through the PNW on a trajectory to Utah and Colorado.  Idaho resorts look to have good totals before it arrives in northern Utah and finally Colorado on Thursday.  

Thanks for spending time reading the blog. If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments below. If you would like to take advantage of our free Ski Concierge, which gives you detailed information for your trip, send me an email to

One Comment

  • Freddy says:

    Thanks for the Sunday update! I have the next two weeks open to do a 4 day trip to the Aspen area. It seems the Feb 21, 22 storm will be coming in a little stronger and for a longer duration than this weeks storm. Would you recommend waiting until the President’s day storm?

Leave a Reply